2016 Annual Report
This is the time of year that gives us the opportunity to look back on our last year and reflect on what we accomplished and what we can improve on according to our mission statement:
“Building Relationships That Rebuild Lives”
This past year was very challenging and at the same time very rewarding. We have seen and heard of those who have begun picking up the pieces of their lives and making a new start. We have had the privilege to witness our faith to many. We appreciate those who joined with us in partnership and those who volunteered their time and talents to serve the disadvantaged and forgotten members of our local communities.
Some highlights of the past year include:
- We provided 2,764 free haircut services with the help of 151 wonderful volunteers.
- We entered into five new partnerships, bringing our total to 30 different organizations, churches, and schools in four counties and five cities locally.
- We donated 350 lbs. of women's and children's clothing and 275 lbs. of shampoos, conditioners, lotions, and toiletries to those in need.
- We received a donation of a small van for transportation.
- We added job referral to our services.
- We were invited to be featured on 104.5 WAY-FM radio as their Ministry of the Month for January 2017 and we will be recording a spot on KNMT-TV later in January.
- We launched a new major funding campaign to buy and outfit a large van as a mobile salon. The salon van will allow us to serve more people over a wider area. Find out more on our fund-raising page at https://razoo.com/Fundthesalonvan
Our vision statement is “Love in Action,” because we know that the act of love accomplishes a lot and, for that, there will always be a need.
While we are proud of our accomplishments, we are only just beginning to meet the need. Looking forward, we have a lot of work to do. We are ask for even more people in our communities to come forward and lend whatever talents, skills, spare time, and yes, finances, to help us continue to serve our communities and grow as we make an impact on the hurting, the forgotten, and the under-served populations. You along with HANDS of FAVOR can make this a better world!
SPREAD THE LOVE!!!!!
Here is an overview of our 2016 financial picture:
Galatians 5:13 “For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.”
Derek O. Thompson
HANDS OF FAVOR